Ride green when gray with Trek’s all-new winter apparel. In the past, riding in the winter meant wearing all your gear at once. Now, it’s 3 maybe 4 layers max. I’ve compared the latest gear from brands like Gore to athleisure wear because of how comfortable it is. Trek offers similar comfort and performance in women’s and men’s sizes.
Earlier this year, Trek released sustainable kit for the summer and now they’ve extended the line to winter. Like the summer kit, the lines are clean and classic. It’s also sustainably sourced and made with recycled materials. The pieces are bluesign product verified and STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX. Trek sent me samples of the tights, jacket, and jersey. Plus a pair of wool socks.
Ride Green When Gray Bib Tights
The Circuit Softshell bib tight is Trek’s premium offer with these details
- Softshell front panel is wind- and water-resistant for inclement weather protection
- Thermal rear panel is engineered for excellent breathability
- Lower back Softshell panel protects against messy tire spray
- Elite inForm Chamois – Form-fitting, dual-density pad with optimal balance of performance and comfort
- Stretchy compression panel at abdomen prevents tight material from bunching while in riding position
- Articulated leg is designed for riding position to eliminate material bunching
- MSRP $174.99
The jacket is built from a three-layer fabric that’s wind resistant, waterproof and with breathability. It’ll keep your core warm on a gray winter day.
- 3-layer soft shell is wind resistant, 8,000mm waterproof and 5,000mm breathability
- Thermal rear panel is engineered for excellent warmth and breathability
- Brushed thermal interior provides next-to-skin comfort and warmth
- Three open-back pockets plus additional inset card pocket – Two-way zipper allows easy access to jersey pockets
- Drop-tail design prevents overexposure when in the cycling position
- MSRP 134.99.
Long Sleeve Jersey
- 37.5 active-particle technology keeps your body at an ideal core temperature
- Three open back pockets plus additional inset card pocket
- Drop-tail design with silicone gripper covers your backside in riding positions for a cycling-specific fit
- Full-length YKK zipper with recycled tape allows ventilation on long climbs or warmer days
- UV protection 50+
- Fitted cut provides a streamlined body fit for enhanced
- US MSRP $109.99
In the Methow Valley where it’s 10 degrees today, I’ll stick with my trusted Gore setup. For the Seattle area where it barely dips below freezing, I’m happy to have another choice and appreciate the effort Trek has made to reduce its carbon footprint and mine.
Find the winter kit at a Trek store near you or online.
We’re riding townies, adventure, and mountain bikes. Find recommendations on our store page. As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases.