Support us! Bikerumor may earn a small commission from affiliate links in this article. Learn More
News from Steam Boat Springs, Colorado, titanium bicycle manufacturer Moots Cycles introduces their new Womble Slider single-speed. The new Womble Slider is based on their iconic hardtail MTB, the Womble.
This new single-speed uses Paragon Machine Works’ sliding rear dropout, and will have an optional dropout that makes the Womble Slider UDH compatible as well.
Moots says this bike is for the “ultra-purist rider who wants a simplified connection to the bike and trail.”
Being based on the Womble’s progressive geometry, the Womble Slider is deemed a “modern-classic” mountain bike at home on single-track, XC trails, backroad gravel, and bike packing… making it a versatile titanium hardtail.
Designed to take a 140mm travel front suspension fork, this clean, stripped-down, titanium single-speed is built with proprietary double-butted top and down tubes. Moots says it’s stiff under hard pedaling, making for a perfect single-speed platform.
Giving the rear end room for up to 29 x2.6″ tires, the curved seat tube also allows for the rear end to stay tucked for that out-of-the-saddle single-speed charge.
“Single speeding strips away all distractions other than pedal, coast, and carry momentum. Read the trail, and find the flow; the smiles will follow”.
- Head Tube: 44mm
- Bottom Bracket: 73mm threaded
- Seatpost: 30.9
- Rear End Spacing: 148 thru-axle
- Post Mount Disc Size: 160mm or 180mm
- Max Tire: 29×2.6″
- Water Bottle Locations: 2 (small size has 1)
- Ring Capacity: 32t
- Derailleur Hanger: Replaceable
Retail and Build Options
Frame only: $4975 (w/brushed finish)
Single Speed Build Option
Full SS Build: $9999 (w/brushed finish)
- FRAME: Womble Singlespeed w/sliding Dropouts
- FORK: RockShox Pike Ultimate 140mm
- HEADSET: White Industries
- STEM: ENVE M6
- BAR: ENVE M6 780MM
- DROPPER POST: RockShox Reverb AXS 150MM
- CRANK: White Industries W/32T chainring
- CHAIN: SRAM XO1
- COG: Boone titanium 18t
- BRAKES: SRAM G2 RSC
- WHEEL SET: Astral Boost Outback Carbon W/ White Industries CLD Hubs
- TIRES: MAXXIS Rekon 29 X 2.6
- SADDLE: WTB Silverado Fusion/ TI Rails
- GRIPS: OuryV2
- CAGES: Moots/SilcaTI x2