Thus far, Gustav Gullholm (aka Dangerhom) has focused on creating some of the sleekest, cleanest, and lightest mountain bike builds in the world, with a gravel bike thrown in for variety. Now, he’s created his first road bike, using sponsor Scott’s Foil RC as the platform.
The build started, as all his builds do, by removing all of the stock paint and coatings, bringing the frame down to bare carbon. That included the carbon saddle and SRAM brake levers, seatpost, handlebar/stem, and Bike Ahead 6-spoke wheels.
Everything was then clearcoated with a “Liquid Gold” finish that changes from a shimmering racing green to gold depending on the angle of light.
All in (for the frame, anyway), that coating added just 38g, roughly half or less of what the original finish weighed. That helped bring the complete bike weight down to just 7.11kg.
A full spec list is below, but highlights include a prototype titanium crankset with 1x chainring paired to a modified and chromed SRAM Red AXS derailleur with wide range 10-36 or XPLR 10-44 cassettes, depending on the day.
The Foil RC’s aero seatpost has a built-in taillight, keeping things aero and you safe. Check out all the tech details on the latest Scott Foil here.
The brakes use SRAM’s levers with Trickstuff C22 calipers and ultralight rotors, 160mm up front and 140mm in rear.
- Frame: SCOTT Foil RC HMX Size L/56cm
- Fork: SCOTT Foil HMX
- headset: syncros
- Spacers/Topcap: syncros
- handlebar: Syncros Creston iC SL Aero 90mm x 400mm
- Bartape: Syncros Super Light
- GPS Mount: Syncros iC Aero by K-Edge
- Saddle 1: Coco Design Spline 3K 130mm
- Saddle 2: Syncros Belcarra V 1.0 Cut-Out
- Seat Post 1: Syncros Duncan SL Aero
- SeatPost 2: Syncros Duncan SL Aero CFT + Campbell 20 Aero Light
- Crankarms: Sturdy Cycles 3D Printed Titanium 175mm
- Chainring: Sturdy Cycles Aero 50T
- Bottom Bracket: Kogel Ceramic Road
- Pedals: Wahoo Speedplay Nano
- Chain: SRAM RED Cassette: SRAM Force 10-36T + optional 10-44T
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM RED AXS XPLR
- Rear Derailleur Cage: Kogel Kolossos Aero
- Shifters/Brake Levers: SRAM RED AXS
- Brake Calipers: Trickstuff C22 Flatmount with Trickstuff Power Pads
- Brake Discs: Trickstuff Dachle UL 160mm + 140mm
- Brake Hardware: Trickstuff bolts rear, SRAM titanium front
- wheels: Bike Ahead Composites AERO
- Tires: Michelin Power Cup Competition Line 25mm + 28mm
- Tubes: Revoloop Ultra Race
- Bottle Cage: Syncros Coupe SL
- Total Weight: 7.11kg / 15.67lbs
Check the full story at R2-Bike.com